[Okinawa Travel Guide 2012]
== The Complete Guide to Okinawa, Japan - fully updated for 2012 ==
Okinawa is a Japanese Jewel in the East China Sea. A variety of driving and walking tours allows you to custom make your Okinawan experience whether you are staying for a weekend, a week or longer. The tours include attractions, places to eat, shop and stay along the planned routes, taking the headache out of planning.
-- Why Get This Guide? --
* Visit many little known features as well as all the well known places.
* This guide will save you time and frustration and will guide you step by step on the holiday of a lifetime.
-- Inside This Guide --
* Walking and shopping tours in popular areas of Naha City and Chatan.
* A variety of suggested road trips covering the whole island and designed to encourage visitors to see more of what Okinawa has to offer.
* Information on car hire and climate.
* Insider tips of over 100 places to see, eat, shop and sleep.
* Advice on various activities and tours to take part in.
* The best hotels & restaurants as well as nightlife and entertainment options.
-- Stylish and Feature-Packed --
* Detailed information on opening hours, prices, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
* Honest reviews and independent advice.
* Inspiring with stunning photos.
* Stylish and easy to use.
-- About the Author --
Penny van Heerden first arrived in Okinawa in 1996 with Emile, who she married in a Shinto shrine that year. The couple came to Okinawa to study the Okinawan martial art, Kobudo and had intended to stay a year. However, Okinawa had them hooked and they ended up staying 5 years. They left Okinawa but returned 4 years later and have remained there ever since. Penny is able to bring her unique perspective, as both an outsider and long-term resident, to this guide. She is able to recommend both popular tourist attractions and places frequented mainly by locals.
-- About GuideGecko --
This guide is brought to you by GuideGecko.
We publish worldwide travel guides - and we love to hear your feedback. Our guides are independently researched and written by professional travel writers.
You read 'til here? Now enjoy your trip. Get this guide!