STOP USING MOVIES AS MERE BABY-SITTERS! INSTEAD, SHOW AGE-APPROPRIATE MOVIES TO PROMOTE THE EMOTIONAL, SOCIAL AND INTELLECTUAL GROWTH OF YOUR CHILDREN.
Cinemaparenting® opens the vast panorama of movie themes and lessons to children (and the adults who nurture and teach them), stimulating examination of some of life’s most important issues. The book analyzes the movie’s primary themes, and a list of questions to help parents lead a fruitful family discussion. This innovative book empowers parents to:
• Help their children clarify their values and learn right from wrong.
• Link movie themes and plots to real issues in children’s lives, such as teasing, cheating, love, money, friendship, alcohol, and drugs.
• Reduce communication barriers and promote open, honest discussions with your children.
• Teach valuable life lesions and deepen family intimacy in the context of entertainment.
• Explore topics such as adoption, divorce, violence, sadness, dreams, goals, lying, family relocation, and coming of age.
• Discuss sex and other difficult subjects with ease and honesty.
• Discuss how and why kids identify with certain movie characters.