This fascinating look at the lives of martyrs associated with North America introduces courageous souls who died in their attempts to spread the faith on this continent as well as those who hailed from North America but died doing missionary work in other lands. Some were individuals, and some were part of a heroic group. All have the power to inspire. Among these 150 martyrs are:
- Blessed André Grasset, who refused to cooperate with evil during the French Revolution
- Brother Manuel Delgado, one of the last Catholic martyrs in Florida, who willingly gave his life for a friend
- Father Luis Jayme, a Franciscan who sacrificed everything to maintain the California missions
- Kateri Tekakwitha, a Native American who always put her faith first
- Father Emil Kapuan, a U.S. Army chaplain who was a beacon of hope to his fellow POWs in Korea
These martyrs changed the world through their commitment and courage. Let their example inspire you to live your own faith bravely and boldly.