Your ability to speak confidently and persuasively is your most important asset. It helps you connect with people, share the ideas you’re most passionate about, and realize your dreams. This updated guide provides easy-to-learn skills that will take your speeches and presentations to the next level, so you enjoy public speaking more and make everything you say more memorable.
In this expanded edition of How to Give a Speech, actor and speech coach Gary Genard introduces you to The Genard Method of performance-based public speaking. Individuals and business teams around the world have used these techniques to build their confidence and skill and to speak with power and professionalism. Discover the step-by-step method for reducing stage fright, organizing a presentation, engaging audiences, and speaking like a pro.
How to Give a Speech will help you:
• Reduce your nerves and boost your confidence
• Improve your rapport with listeners
• Create strong content aligned with your purpose
• Use storytelling to engage and persuade
• Develop compelling openings and closings
• Employ emotion to move audiences
• Improve your body language and voice
• Handle resistance and think on your feet
• Speak with poise and eloquence
• Master the art of stage presence
This expanded edition of Dr. Genard’s classic handbook includes new chapters on body language, breathing techniques, presentation technology, acting techniques for public speaking, and presenting in the 21st century. More than ever, it’s the guidebook of great speaking for beginners, experienced speakers, and everyone in between.