Inside this unique, lavishly illustrated 205-page gift book, which was created and published with the generous cooperation of the legendary Trenton Thunder, you'll find:
* Derby's amazing story and insights.
* Literally HUNDREDS of never-before-seen COLOR PHOTOS by award-winning sports photographer Staton Rabin, providing a rare, candid inside-the-dugout peek at top Yankees prospects on the cusp of major league superstardom. Many of these rookies have since made it to "the Show", playing for the Yankees or other MLB teams, and have already made a big splash. So if you're a true fan of the game-- especially if you're a Trenton Thunder or New York Yankees fan-- you'll definitely know who these baseball players are!
* Cameo appearances by Mariano Rivera and Reggie Jackson.
* Mini-bios of the top players from the Trenton Thunder's historic 20th anniversary season, which featured many of the most gifted Yankees prospects in more than a decade.
* And, of course, lots of Bat Dog and puppy pictures.
Narrated in bodacious style by Derby himself and perfect for baseball-savvy tweens (if they can just pry the book away from YOU long enough to read it!), this autobiography is a unique, witty and poignant dog's-eye-view of the summer game and the remarkable human beings who play it.
These young athletes spend years of their lives chasing their individual dreams of Big League stardom, but, thankfully, never forget that it's all about supporting their teammates-- and getting the win, today.
With subtle themes about friendship between people of all different races and backgrounds, the importance of teamwork, and adjusting to change during the seasons of life, DERBY! My Bodacious life in Baseball is a book that young people-- especially fans of the Trenton Thunder and New York Yankees-- can savor and grow with over time.
It not only captures iconic images of baseball's most celebrated dog and his family-- but also candid moments from the early careers of young pro baseball players who just might be destined to become legends of the game.
This unique memoir is both a fun dog's "tail", and a treasure trove of memorabilia for baseball-crazy parents to share with their children and grandchildren.
"Derby! Get the bat!"