Do you love pets but feel powerless to help those less fortunate than yours? Ever wonder how you can improve the lives of the homeless cats living in your community, or what you can do to convince your neighbors to fix their dog? How you can be an effective animal advocate when you don't have a big budget, or the best way to approach a vet for help with a stray animal? These questions, and more, are answered in $5 For a Cat Head. Because none of the animals featured in the book could write their own histories, the author recounts their lives. Sometimes happy, sometimes sad, never is the wonder and mystery of these companion animals overlooked.
After reading $5 For a Cat Head, you will:
• Realize why spay/neuter surgery should be your first priority when promoting pet welfare.
• Understand some of the realities low-income pet owners face when trying to care for their pets.
• Consider some issues involved in getting dogs off chains.
• Explore feral cat concerns.
• Learn steps you can take to encourage feline spay/neuter surgery at an early age.
• Discover ways you can help others get their pets fixed.
• Recognize your responsibilities when offering homeless pets for adoption.
• Review some of the reasons people do not properly care for their pets.
• Determine potential interventions with injured animals.
• Discern the best organizations to which you can donate your money or time.
• Find inspiration to improve pet welfare in your community.
• Gain perspective on the catchphrase 'no-kill'.
Drawing upon experience gained over 23 years, $5 For a Cat Head shows you how to promote pet welfare by focusing first on efforts to fix pets and halt the reproduction of unwanted animals. It provides practical tips that will jump-start your efforts to help pets in your community while telling stories of the amazing animals encountered over decades of animal welfare work. You'll rediscover the joy, grace, comfort, peace, and beauty of those precious cats and dogs who stand with us as our beloved companions.