Discover how to obtain tax-deferred income and avoid taxes on capital gains.
Real estate investments are a key source of wealth creation and a preferred source of income generation for millions of investors. Author Paul Getty has worked with thousands of real estate investors who have taken advantage of special tax benefits available to real estate investors that allow them to defer taxes and retain more funds for future investments. This book provides investors with his experience and insights in the following areas:
- How the 1031 Exchange can turbocharge both monthly income and long-term wealth creation
- How to obtain stable tax-sheltered income without management hassles
- Why the Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) has emerged as one of the fastest growing real estate investment sectors
- How to find, evaluate, and compare DSTs
- Tips on selecting investment professionals
Since being approved by the IRS in 2004, the DST has steadily grown in popularity. In contrast to stocks and bonds, income from DSTs can be offset with depreciation and expense write-offs that are unique to real estate investments, thereby allowing investors to realize higher after-tax income.
Furthermore, any realized gains upon sale can be reinvested tax-free into new like-kind investments via a 1031 Exchange rather than be lost forever to federal and state taxes. Savvy investors have discovered that by avoiding taxes they can more rapidly build their net worth. Finally, upon the death of the investor, real estate gains realized over a lifetime of 1031 Exchanges can be transferred to their heirs with little to no tax consequences!