The strategy to successfully complete the Principles & Theory Of Sports Management course requires the learner
to provide a basic understanding of sports management that includes accounting, taxes, sports athletes' contracts,
retirement income, sports agency, and sports labor unions.
1. Discuss the hierarchy structure of a sports franchise
that includes general manager, director of player personnel, scouts, and sports player representatives.
2. Discuss the knowledge of sports team management, sports commissioners, sports labor unions, sports athletes' pensions, sports attorneys, and sports contracts.
3.Discuss the psychological effects of athlete's injury and rehabilitation, physical therapy, pain management, athletes' suicide, and athletes' CTE.
4. Explain the importance of sports broadcasting, television broadcasting, social media, and sports sponsorships to the operation of the sports
The following course academic outcomes are designed for student-athletes enrolled in the Principles & Theory Of
Sports Management course. The course involves sports methodologies and sports management philosophies
intended for scholarship student-athletes.
1. Improved educational performances of student-athletes and fulfill the NCAA 2.3 academic requirements.
2. Improved student-athletes graduation rates and reduced college dropout rates of student-athletes. The Principles & Theory Of Sports Management course involves student-centered learning modules, power-point presentations, and zoom meetings. The course will improve student-athletes:
1. Critical thinking
2. Problem-solving skills
3. Psychological coping skills
4. Case study methodology
5. Research writing skills
The student-athletes are responsible for their own academic development and learning experience. The leaner will be
expected to develop consistent written and oral communication and collaboration with the course instructor
via email or zoom meetings predicated on respect and academic integrity. The learner must take the initiative and become motivated to effectively utilize the university resources to elevate their learning experience within the course to achieve academic success. Please read the course rubrics, policies, and learner expectations to maximize course expectations and academic integrity. The learner will uphold university standards, course policies, and consistently maintain academic integrity.