My name is Judy Ellen Jensen, and I am the author of I'm an Overcomer. My book will demonstrate how you can be a role model at any age. Being kind and helpful to those with special needs is one of the first steps. An inspiring children's book for ages 5-12 about my life in an electric wheelchair.
After getting the polio virus at age 2, my life would be changed forever. I would learn to live in a new world, unable to walk. Some find it hard to understand how to treat people with disabilities, especially children. But once they learn how strong and determined I am and how much their help is appreciated, they soon see how I have found joy in my life and can do the same for others despite any challenges I face. This book also helps children to understand that faith plays a crucial role in never feeling alone and overcoming life's challenges.
• Written to teach you how to be understanding, helpful and considerate of people with special needs.•
• Illustrated by children ages 6-11 who personally know me. You'll be sure to smile each time you see them. • ·
• The story-line offers engaging questions that challenge readers to think about their lives and how to understand those with special needs.
• Understand who I am and how I have become the person I am today.
• Enjoy learning how I trained and take care of my cat May May.•
• Adapting my hobbies to meet my special needs.
• Exploring the incredible people who helped make it all possible, discovering what kinds of things bring me daily joy, and more!
• Activities I enjoy regularly.
My book, I'm An Overcomer, is for anyone, especially children, who want to experience a personal portrait of an independent, joyful, victorious, faith and purpose-filled life with a significant physical disability. This book will demonstrate how to love and treat people with disabilities.