FAITH… FAMILY… FRENZY...
handled with humor and aplomb by a group of lively characters who populate small town and rural America. HASHES & BASHES flirts with satire on contemporary social issues, clashes fraught with folly rather than fists.
Nine months after their comically abbreviated RV road trip, detailed in the award-winning book, STASHES, the Breeden family farm routines have stabilized: Jackie returned to her high school cafeteria job and their only son, Brandon, works alongside his father, Steve, in their dairy business. Conniver Amy, now Brandon's ex-wife, has been jailed.
Steve was already perturbed with family when Carl Edwards strides onto his farm, claiming to be kin. Carl's high-spirited presence rocks the entire community, especially when he gets rich quick. Will this charismatic outsider earn his way into their hearts?
Other lively characters assault Steve's calm-against-chaos preferred lifestyle in this humorous small town tale:
• his spunky farmwife, Jackie, and her meddlesome church lady friends
• his recently-divorced son, Brandon, and his female pursuers
• his brother, David's penchant for monetary bailout
• his pastor, who attempts to foist guilt while groveling for funds
• the lure of medical marijuana and adventures uncommon to farms
Only Sparty, Steve's dog, remains steadfast throughout the hijinks. But then...
Laugh beyond the contemporary social issues that confound family life in this humorous book for adults.