This book provides a summary of the factors important for retirement destinations. Below is the Table of Contents.
1. Introduction to Retirees and Retirement Areas. This includes information on climate, housing, healthcare, money matters, safety, outdoor recreation, and cultural attractions. It includes what retirees want in a retirement location.
2. Basic Information About Coastal Alabama. This provides a description of each municipality. The common issues such as taxes, demographics, and transportation for Mobile and Baldwin Counties are discussed.
3. Real Estate in Coastal Alabama. This includes residential options and covers homeowners' insurance and existing housing stock.
4. Healthcare and Long-term Care in Coastal Alabama. This has details about the hospitals with a description of the services at each hospital. It covers the assisted living and other long-term care facilities.
5. Outdoor Recreational Attractions in Coastal Alabama. This covers the outdoor activities with information about each park and outdoor facility as well as golf courses, boat launches, marinas, and campgrounds.
6. Cultural Attractions and Festivals in Coastal Alabama. This includes details about the museums, arts, and entertainment in Coastal Alabama. Information is provided on the venues and the annual festivals.
7. Summary and Conclusions.
Current residents in Baldwin and Mobile counties can use this book as a resource on healthcare, housing, long-term care, cultural activities, and recreational attractions. The compiled information summarizes the above factors and provides succinct information including directions and photos.
Tourists and snowbirds who spend their summer or winter vacations in Coastal Alabama could use this book to help them choose varying activities for their time. There are many organizations that have annual conferences in Coastal Alabama. These visitors could use this book for ideas on how to spend their free time during their attendance at conferences. These people could use this book to plan their visits and guide their activities during their visit.
Seasonal residents stay from one to three months each winter in Coastal Alabama. They could use this book as research for assessing Baldwin County and Mobile County as a possible retirement location for them. Many people own second homes in Coastal Alabama and spend free time at these properties. These property owners could use this book to learn more about Coastal Alabama.
This book is tailor-made for those interested in retiring to Coastal Alabama. It presents all of the important information for them to consider during the choice of their retirement location.