This book is designed to support individuals living with, working with, or parenting an individual with Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The “Rest of Us” are part of the Autism equation too! Most books deal with the disorder itself. This one, thankfully, is written for the "The Rest of Us" or those living in the wake of autism. Honest, direct, and incredibly helpful.
Autism & The Rest of Us addresses the hidden truths and challenges of life with a person "on the spectrum" and delivers thoughtful and practical solutions for coping, thriving, and finding value in your relationships. A better prepared You makes a healthier Them—the “Rest of Us” are part of the Autism equation too!
This book helps you:
• Find immediate mental and emotional relief
• Experience validation for your feelings and concerns--you're not alone!
• Better handle difficult and frustrating situations and interactions
• Take steps for better dialogue, interactions, and outcomes
• Cope with the additional work and effort required to create a successful relationship
• Recognize the impact that inter-generational autism may have on your life
• Exit crisis mode: learn to operate from a place of peace and acceptance
• Know when and how to seek professional help