This is the e-book version of the classic work on affirmations that was originally published by Bantam Books and has sold close to 100,000 books and has been translated into eight languages.
The heart of Words That Heal consists of a series of 52 passages or "teachings," each of which contains three parts:
1) A Meditation—a short passage that offers thoughts and reflections about a specific subject or life experience..
2) A Series of Affirmations—positive thoughts and ideas that when repeated will help you to transform your negative beliefs and attitudes. For those readers not familiar with affirmations, the text begins with an overview of what affirmations are and how to use them.
3) A Quotation that encapsulates the essence of the teaching.
A daily source of inspiration, Words That Heal can help you;
• to respond to life's challenges.
• to find the courage to move forward in spite of your fears.
• to let go of past sorrows and welcome change into your life.
• to feel at one with the universe.
• to allow a higher wisdom to direct and guide your way.
• to know that you truly make a difference in the world.
Since the original publication of Words That Heal 25 years ago, readers from around the world have written letters saying that the book's affirmations provided hope and encouragement that helped them to get through difficult periods.
For a person who is experiencing anxiety, fear or hopelessness, having problems with health, going through a career crisis, suffering grief after the loss of a loved one, or simply looking for encouragement and inspiration, Words That Heal offers comfort, support, insight and understanding. An invaluable guide, a remarkable tool, WORDS THAT HEAL puts the power to enhance your life where it belongs--in your hands.
In addition, Words That Heal contains these special features:
• An introductory chapter that gives specific instructions on how to create healing affirmations and how to for direction and guidance.
• A concordance containing a list of common emotional or spiritual challenges (i.e. fear, anger, sadness, loss, etc) along with the specific meditations in the book that provide guidance on how to heal and transform them.
• Anl appendix that contains dozens of affirmations for you to use which are listed under seven distinct headings: Self-Esteem, Love and Relationships, Creative Self-Expression, Work/Vocation, Prosperity, Health, and Spiritual Development.
Here is what other self-help authors have to say about Words That Heal.
I wholeheartedly endorse Douglas Bloch's work on affirmations.
Words damaged our souls and there are words that heal. Please read it!
John Bradshaw, author of Healing the Shame That Binds You
A wonderful book for those who are willing to open their hearts.
Jerry Jampolsky, author of Love is Letting Go of Fear
Words That Heal is a blessing in my life.
Betty Sikking, Unity Minister
An inspiring and uplifting guide.
I recommend Words That Heal to anyone
who is on the path to recovery.
Casey Chaney, 12 Step Program
I love reading Words That Heal over and over.
Our messages are one and the same.
Jacquelyn Small, author of Becoming Naturally Therapeutic