Your Special Illustrated & Annotated edition includes:
● Like being there 2000 years ago! 14 incredible “Ink Shots” of the Stations of the Cross by Myron Henkmen
● Treatise on the Spiritual Combat itself, its creation, spread and lasting influence
● Glossary of Traditional Catholic terms
● Biography of Dom Lorenzo Scupoli
● Stabat Mater in both English & Latin
+Spiritual Combat -
For over 400 years, Fr. Scupoli's the Spiritual Combat has provided time-tested strategies for achieving victory over the flesh and the devil, and is acknowledged to be one of the greatest guides to guide one to virtue in time of temptation. St. Frances de Sales carried this little work wherever he went, consulting it often.
The Spiritual Combat is one of the all-time greatest and best-known classics on the spiritual life and is a book that will inspire and instruct today just as it has for over 400 years.
+The Way of the Cross -
St. Alphonsus Liguori's method is the most treasured way of praying the stations ever to bless Christendom. The Saint is also the creator of the classic "The
Glories of Mary."
The pious practice has been around since Christians visited the Holy Land the the 5th Century and emulated the actual way of the cross. In the 14th century, to remind Catholics of the ties to the Holy land the Franciscans promoted the devotion and ever since it has become an annual Lenten tradition.