"Making Trust Happen!" is an impactful book written for facilitators. Authors Dr. Jerome S. Paige and Dr. Cynthia O. Pace share their views on trust's ineffability by illustrating how "trust" co-appears with self-trusting, trustworthiness, trust relationships, and trust structures. We can make trust happen! And when trust happens, the relationships among team members are strengthened, second-guessing is eliminated, and organizational life is easier and more productive.
When trust happens, ease of being is created. So, how do we make trust happen and create that ease of being? Throughout the book, the authors contemplate this question as they:
• Find that trust has an "ineffable" quality. "You-know- it-when-you-see-it" or "don't-see-it."
• Explore how these five dimensions of trust interact to create a sixth one, systemic trust.
• Discover that trust's elusiveness dissipates once we understand its V + 1 perspectives.
• Learn tools to think and talk about "trust" and how to experience and create it.
• Discover that "trust" is a skill, and we can enhance our ability and capacity to operate out of each trust dimension.
• Develop a "moment-by-moment" recognition of our "trust perspectives" and those of others as we interact.
• Realize that trust is a choice, which is good news because, at each moment, we can get better at choosing — to trust or not.
• Make trust happen!