This book is not another reading program, it is a book full of simple, multisensory, logical, and highly effective methods that can be applied to almost any quality reading program to make it much more appropriate for teaching a reading struggler. Every idea, accommodation, and technique in this book is Orton-Gillingham-based and has been tested by Carol Fitzpatrick with her own students. They really work!
Carol kept the data for any fourth-grader whose reading scores on the beginning-of-the-year tests were at least one grade level below grade. After learning with the accommodations and techniques Carol used, they averaged a 2 and ½ year jump in their reading score by the end of the year!
You will learn how to teach:
- The Sounds of English (phonemic awareness)
- Phonics (alphabetic principles)
- Decoding BIG Words
- Written Expression
Every chapter contains:
- Simple, step-by-step directions
- Struggler Success Stories of Carol’s real students to encourage you
- An Appendix of related research and resources
- At least one game or hands-on manipulative to help teach that chapter’s concept
And much more…
Don't wait. Order your copy now.