This book features the historical development of Coastal Alabama including its geography and municipalities. Below is the Table of Contents.
1. Introduction to Coastal Alabama. This is an overview of the location and demographic information and includes a description of each municipality.
2. Coastal Alabama’s Geographical Features. These include the Gulf of Mexico, bays, delta, rivers, lagoons, creeks, and bayous. It also focuses on the social development and transportation development in Coastal Alabama.
3. History of Mobile County. This includes a history of each municipality, many historic structures, the Mobile River, and the Port of Mobile.
4. History of Baldwin County. This covers the historical development of Baldwin County with detailed information about North Baldwin County, the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay, and South Baldwin County along with a history of each municipality.
5. Coastal Alabama’s Current Economic Conditions. This presents Current Economic Activity, the economic history, and details of the main industries.
This book is written for the interest of those that really enjoy history. It can also be used as an educational resource on the history of Coastal Alabama. It can serve as a guide to Historical Tourism in Coastal Alabama for vacationers, seasonal residents, and current residents. It can be used to help choose varying activities for their time in Baldwin and Mobile Counties.
This book is tailor-made for retired people in Coastal Alabama who find history extremely interesting. It can also be used to consider retiring to Coastal Alabama.
This book provides background information to Coastal Alabama Retirement Guide by Mark Fagan. Although both books have general information about Coastal Alabama, this book focuses on the historical background for the information presented in the retirement guide.