This book is all about taking a second look at conventional wisdoms and thinking about how we can use them to become better leaders today. It is about using what we know (but seldom really understand) to dig deep to become the very best leader you can be. It is as much about adding value to others, as it is about adding value to yourself… it is about discovering the most powerful you – a leader who creates transformation by leading with intention.
Within the pages of this book are some time-honored pieces of advice that can change the way you lead. By reading and thinking through each of the 52 tips, you will have the capacity to acquire something you should deeply desire... if you want to be the very best leader you can be. These 52 tips will change how you communicate, do business and interact with the world around you. These 52 tips were developed to help you:
1. Excel in your role as a leader
2. Provide a structure in which to expand your leadership potential
3. Explore new ways of thinking about your leadership style and work environment
4. Transform those around you with new approaches and thought processes
5. Invoke a thoughtful process when considering how you lead people
This book is designed to act both as an information source, as well as a thought journal to record your thoughts, progress and challenges throughout the year. It is meant to take you on an exciting journey through your own mind, asking you to:
1) Invest 30 minutes per week to initially read and introspectively think about each of the prompts
2) Assess how you can amend your current thinking or behavior
3) Document your plans and thoughts as you develop your skills around the tip of the week
4) Throughout the week, stop at critical moments each day to assess how well you are implementing the tip into your everyday activities, ensuring your actions are in alignment with your weekly goals
5) Document the changes you see in yourself and others based on the application of the current prompt. Note how others perceptions change as they react to your modifications, as well as how they benefit from your shift of consciousness.
By taking action on the prescribed tip each week and journaling through the changes you see in yourself and others, you will find yourself transformed at the end of the 52 weeks. Enjoy your intentional journey toward becoming a transformational leader!