Ultimate Catholic Trivia reveals 1001 fun facts and tantalizing trivia that are sure to entertain, educate, and surprise. Along with little known trivia that will bring history to life, this one-of-a-kind extravaganza of curiosities on all things Catholic will prove fascinating for Catholics and a lively feast for trivia buffs of all backgrounds!
The primary categories of trivia include:
- Jesus and the Holy Bible
- Saints, Angels, and Popes
- Vatican, Shrines, and Churches
- Events, Origins, and Miscellaneous
- Teachings, Beliefs, and Structure
- Seasons, Holy Days, and the Mass
- Sacraments, Sacramentals, and Prayers
- Organizations, Orders, and the Clergy
DO YOU KNOW...
Q: Which memorial day was established by the Catholic Church to counter the communist May Day celebration by offering a Christian view of work?
Q: What is the primary difference between an apostle and a disciple?
Q: True/False: Unmarried permanent deacons must remain celibate.
Q: Which American colony was originally founded as a safe haven for Catholics?
YOU'LL ALSO LEARN...
- Who the first pope was to enter both a synagogue and mosque.
- Which apostle was the first to be martyred.
- How many actual days comprise the 40 days of Lent.
- Where the largest Catholic church in the United States is located.
- The names of the three priests that served in the United States Congress.
- At what age archbishops and bishops must submit their resignations.
BONUS MATERIAL INCLUDES:
- Catholic Top 10 Lists
- List of Popes
- Map of Vatican City
- It Happened In.... -- detailed accounts of key dates in Church history
- Chronological timeline of major Church events at the top of each page
- Inspirational quotes begin each chapter