The 50 Best Siri Tips
Siri is the unique iPhone “personal assistant” with amazing understanding of natural, informal conversation. Siri perceives what you want much better than any non-human device has ever done before. Your grammar can be totally deficient, but Siri will almost always understand what you mean!
Now, THE 50 BEST SIRI TIPS provides you with an awesome guide to getting the most usefulness from Siri, with more than 50 screenshots rather than lots of text, showing how to best ask Siri to:
- Communicate with Twitter or Facebook.
- Tell you exactly where one of your friends is at this moment
- Address you by whatever name you choose. (including any wild nickname).
- Add appointments and events to your calendar.
- Remind you of anything at any time you specify.
- Transcribe spoken notes to written reminders.
- Transcribe spoken messages into text messages or email.
- Tell you exactly where you are, based on the built-in GPS.
- Find nearby taxi services and call you a taxi.
- Sound an alarm at any time you specify.
- Initiate a voice or video phone call.
- Find the nearest gas station or any other type of business.
- Find well-rated nearby restaurants for any cuisine you prefer.
- Control your music player by your voice commands.
- Start playing whatever music on your playlist that you ask for.
- Add and remove items from your shopping list.
- Calculate any spoken numbers and do all kinds of conversions.
- Tell you when the sunrise, sunset or moonrise is due on any day.
- Check your emails and read them to you.
- Give you the current weather or forecast for any city in the world.
- Give you the current outside temperature and wind conditions.
- Tell you how the stock market is doing today.
- Tell you the current trading price for any American stock or commodities.
- Tell you what the local time is anywhere in the world.
- Function as an accurate count-down or count-up timer.
- Tell you where a particular movie is playing locally.
- Tell you the date and/.or day that a particular holiday will fall on in any year.
- Remind you when you have to be somewhere.
- Allow you to add precise punctuation with voice commands.
- Invite or inform multiple people you select of anything.
- Locate any information from the Internet, Wikipedia or WolframAlpha
…And many other ways that Siri can help you or provide you with information you want.
Author Jodi Dery expresses great pride in this new eBook. She says, “Presenting Siri’s responses in this illustrative manner -- with maximum use of screenshots– helps users to remember the best way to get useful results.”
Then, if you are also interested in the very funny ways that Siri responds to certain questions and statements, THE 50 FUNNIEST SIRI ANSWERS is now also available as an eBook.
But, the best value is the complete LIFE WITH SIRI eBook. The new 2nd Edition (January 2012) contains the 50 BEST SIRI TIPS as well as the 50 FUNNIEST SIRI ANSWERS -- plus two bonus sections -- and it is now available. Tons of fun combined with an easy-to-understand guide on how to use Siri most effectively. A truly great value.