Managers face challenges and tough decisions on a daily basis. Effective managers are those who carefully analyze the problem or opportunity, identify and create value decisions and implement those decisions for successful results. The 12 Rules of Smart Management provides readers with Systematic Methods and Response Techniques to aid them in developing quality management decisions and strengthening twelve key areas of management, which are essential to effective managers and the management of resources for positive results.
Emphasis is placed on the importance of management skills, and how the use of systematic methods and response techniques can provide a manager with a competitive advantage. This key skills programme enables readers to identify and develop the principles and processes of management; highlight problem areas, challenges and opportunities; and address management responsibility and accountability to create the positive results that sustain organizations and businesses.
The 12 Rules of Smart Management offers a wealth of features to develop learning and aid retention, including:
• Twelve Rules: to guide the reader through a key skills management programme.
• SMART Perspective - Systematic Methods And Response Techniques: provide the fundamental concepts for seeking positive results in the manager's own skills and in the management of available resources.
• A Systematic View: presents classical and generic models and systematic methods for analyzing immediate and recurrent problems.
• A Universal Approach: applies management thinking for mangers in all organizations, industries and markets.
• An Integration of Information, Theory and Practice: encourages the practical application of management skills.
• A Managerial Approach: focuses on the decisions and key skills that executives and management face daily to guide the resources of the company towards positive results.
• Manager Oriented: exercises and self assessments are provided, so that the reader is able to absorb the information quickly and relate it to a personal work environment immediately.
• Features: include end of chapter summary reviews and quick guides, which distil the wisdom of the book into clear simple statements explaining the methods and processes and how they are employed in practice.
• Wisdom: the book contains quotations of wisdom from leaders, philosophers, writers, politicians, sportsmen, physicists, generals, professors and businessmen which relate to modern management.
• Content: covers all the key skills and topics that an informed and effective manager needs to know and succeed in a modern business environment.
Essential management skills are presented within an uncomplicated process, making the subject matter easy to understand and apply in the real world.