Successful Timber Floors is a guide to all aspects of solid timber flooring. If you have an interest in the practical floor choice then this is a must read. No other publication covers this subject so clearly or from such a practical viewpoint.
It covers every step of the way from understanding timber floor types, factors in choosing timber floors and more. Technical terms are made easy to understand. The installation process in both direct fix flooring as well as plank on plywood flooring is made easy. An understanding of sanding and finishing rounds out the work as well as a review of maintenance issues and requirements. The book concludes with comments on a number of key timbers used in flooring followed by a trouble shooting guide.
Key topics covered include
• How to choose a timber floor
• What terms used in flooring mean
• Why hardness is important
• What floor types are available
• Layout and installation
• Starting points
• Fixing rules
• Choice of installation types
• How coatings affect the floor
• How the floor is sanded
• The machines used in sanding
• The 4 keys to sanding
• What are the pros and cons of finish types
• How finishes are applied
• Maintenance of the timber floor
• Maintaining commercial floors
• Timber guide with practical notes
• Trouble shooting guide
If you want to use a timber floor or have a timber floor now, you will find this information invaluable.