The book begins with three basic questions:
1. Why do so many students work ward, make good grades, but quickly forget what they "learned?"
2. How can you learn more, understand deeply, and remember longer?
3. How can you get a great education?
These are more than hypothetical questions. They are all answered in the conclusion to the book. In this book, you will discover:
* Four basic habits that help your brain learn more effectively
* How your Mindset and Approach to learning make a difference
* Flexible Time Management
* Research-based learning strategies
* Test preparation without cramming
* Mental processing - a new more effective definition of study
* Strategies to organize information, to use many thinking skills, and to develop long-lasting memory
* Ways to strengthen willpower, resilience and concentration.
The book also includes a section on what employers want most and goes on to include chapters on critical thinking, analytical reasoning, and complex problem solving.
To make the book more exciting to read, there are 54 illustrations including three comic strips, many stories, metaphors, and helpful examples.
This book takes a RADICALLY DIFFERENT approach to study skills
1. Focusing on getting a great education rather than just on grades
2. Based on Research - not just on strategies that have been used for years.
3. Focusing more on what you want to know than on what your teacher thinks you should know.
In addition to the book, there is a website, www.choose-learning,.com with blogs, study tips, monthly contests, and a way for students to email the author with their questions. Students are invited to write blogs for the website and contribute study tips.