Almost everyone is aware of the strange coincidences and parallels between Abraham Lincoln and John Kennedy but did you know that practically every American president has some little known connection with another past or future president? In Presidential Parallels, What Our Presidents Had in Common, and Didn't, we see that the American presidency is bursting with eerie coincidences, strange parallels and just plain unexplained flukes. The book also contains many interesting anecdotes, oddities, and little known stories about the American presidents. In addition, Presidential Parallels, What They Had in Common, and Didn't contains 33 surprise answer quizzes (see examples below) about the presidents as well as a questionnaire to determine if you have what it takes to be president.
1. After this President was assassinated, his assassin was captured, but while in the custody of the police the assassin himself was shot by an outraged citizen. AND ALTHOUGH WE ALL REMEMBER JACK RUBY’S ACTIONS AFTER THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION AMAZINGLY IN THIS CASE THE ANSWER IS NOT JOHN F. KENNEDY!
2. Born in Virginia, this President’s first name was Thomas and he had three daughters. He served as governor before being President. AND ALTHOUGH MOST AMERICANS KNOW ONLY ONE PRESIDENT WITH THE FIRST NAME OF THOMAS THE ANSWER IS NOT THOMAS JEFFERSON!
3. This President’s birth certificate was in question, and even after he produced a birth certificate there were some skeptics who believed he was not born in the United States. WE ARE ALL AWARE OF THE CONTROVERSY SURROUNDING OBAMA’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE BUT THE ANSWER IS NOT BARACK OBAMA!
4. This President's child, who was a twin, was married in Philadelphia during the president's second term. ALTHOUGH HISTORIANS BELIEVE THAT GEORGE W. AND LAURA ARE THE ONLY PRESIDENTIAL COUPLE TO EVER HAVE TWINS THE ANSWER IS NOT GEORGE W. AND LAURA BUSH!
5. This former Republican President was shot in the chest in an unsuccessful assassination attempt while leaving a hotel and about to enter his car. The assassin named John, was later sentenced to a mental hospital. WE ALL REMEMBER THE ACTIONS OF JOHN HINCKLEY, JR. BUT THE ANSWER HERE IS NOT RONALD REAGAN!
6. In a speech on the convention floor this President asked the American people not to be as concerned about what the country can do for them but instead think of what they can do for their country. MOST OF US REMEMBER KENNEDY’S STIRRING "ASK NOT" SPEECH , BUT AGAIN, THE ANSWER IS NOT JOHN F. KENNEDY!
7. This man was both appointed to the United States Supreme Court and elected president. ALL HISTORIANS AGREE THAT TAFT WAS TO ONLY PERSON TO SERVE IN BOTH POSITIONS, BUT THE ANSWER IS NOT WILLIAM H.TAFT!
8. This 20th Century Republican President had an airport in Washington DC named after him. ALTHOUGH WE ALL KNOW THAT THOUSANDS OF TRAVELERS TRAVEL THROUGH REAGAN AIRPORT EVERY DAY THE ANSWER IS NOT RONALD REAGAN!