In his groundbreaking new book, MenAlive: Stop Killer Stress With Simple Energy Healing Tools, Jed Diamond, PhD, teaches men and women four simple, yet effective, practices that can be used to prevent stress-related problems all of us face in this fast-paced, often chaotic world.
“80 percent of all illnesses are stress induced,” says Woodson Merrell, M.D., Chairman of the Department of Integrative Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center. Although stress impacts everyone, men are particularly vulnerable. According to social scientist Dr. Thomas Joiner, “Males experience higher mortality rates than females at all stages of life from conception to old age.”
In Part I of the book, Diamond describes the hazards and blessings of being male, why perpetual stress is deadly, the science behind energy healing, and “the ultimate power tool” for guys who want their lives to work.
In Part II, he details the four energy healing tools Diamond believes to be the most effective and scientifically sound: Earthing, Heart-Coherence, Attachment Love, and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT).
In Part III, he applies the tools to the most pressing problems men face today including: Irritable Male Syndrome (IMS), male-type depression, chronic pain, sexual dysfunction and loss of desire, Andropause (male menopause) and age-related issues, and the stresses related to our economic and ecological transition.
Both men and women will be interested in getting answers to the following questions:
1. Is Irritable Male Syndrome (IMS) undermining your health and relationship?
2. How can you treat depression without talk therapy or drugs?
3. Which simple Energy Healing Tool can you use to relieve shoulder,
neck, and back pain?
4. What are the best tools for reducing inflammation and improving sleep?
5. How can you keep Andropause (male menopause) from ruining your sex life?
6. Could you and your partner be going through “double menopause?”
7. Why do men frighten women and why do women shame men?
8. Which tools should you use to best insure that a relationship lasts a lifetime?
9. What are the most important things you can do when the economy hits the fan?
10. How can you prepare for the global changes in 2012 and beyond?