A born-again and an atheist walk into a bar... From the creative minds behind the internationally-renowned comedy troupe, the Reduced Shakespeare Company, comes this irreverent celebration of the greatest story ever sold!
A comic exploration of both the Old and New Testaments, "How The Bible Changed Our Lives (Mostly For The Better)" is also a journey of discovery and transformation for two longtime friends who find their friendship tested, their beliefs challenged, their bodies slightly broken, and their souls (more or less) saved.
Throughout this whimsical and outrageous examination of every book in the Bible, authors Martin and Tichenor also experience epiphanies both personal and religious as they examine the "really good parts" of the Bible, revealing the hidden treasures of scripture you may have missed while reading the parts you were forced to read.
* Creation, or the origin of the six-day work week
* the brighter side of Job and Lamentations
* Observing the Sabbath, and what that means for professional and college football
* The intersection of Holy Writ and entertainment: Hollywood and Divine
* The steamy adult sections of the Bible they don't teach you about in Sunday school
* Yes, Jesus's mother was a Virgin, but go back a few generations and it gets kinda complicated
* HWJV - How Would Jesus Vote?
* Newly discovered responses to Paul's letters
* The Holy Trinity, and why Three is a magic number
"How The Bible Changed Our Lives (Mostly For The Better)" is an affectionate comic memoir, sure to delight the most devout as well as the most skeptical reader.
(WARNING: Contains sects and violence. May cause unease among the humor-impaired.)