For some, a job is just a way to pay the bills. But when a career fits one’s passions and personalities, work can be a source of great satisfaction and success. From Sundaes to Space Stations is designed to help you discover the wealth of opportunities within civil engineering.
Brockman’s upbeat and engaging writing explains the differences between civil engineering and architecture; engineers, scientists and inventors; and what it means to be a civil engineer today in practical terms.
You will learn:
1. About the many different types of civil engineers,
2. What civil engineers do everyday,
3. Areas of specialization within the field,
4. How civil engineers apply the engineering design process, and
5. How to get started in this exciting career.
The inspiring real-life stories of civil engineers passionate about making change in the world can help you match your interests to one of the myriad of civil engineering pathways, and find a lifetime of gratifying work and success.