When Kate seeks help for her yo-yo dieting and weight gain, she’s looking for more than just another carb-counting quick fix. Tired of both herself and an endless parade of nutrition and fitness advice, Kate doubts that any diet can help her overcome her compulsive eating habits to find the perfect weight.
But the seemingly ordinary “life coach” who agrees to take Kate on as a client, has more than Kate’s waistline in mind. This unconventional approach is a complete
overhaul of body, mind, and soul, causing Kate to question some of her most cherished beliefs, and let go of past regrets along with mealtime baggage. As Kate’s mentor guides her into unknown territory, they uncover an aspect of eating Kate had long ago forgotten—joy. Throwing all rules and restrictions out the window, Kate is led by one simple principle, “Eat with love, what’s grown with love, prepared with love and served with love.”
A warm-hearted and fiercely direct dialogue ensues, as the two women clear Kate’s kitchen, assess her wardrobe and uncover a brilliantly confident woman that Kate never realized was hiding under her own skin.
If you've ever…
• Quit a diet that you swore you'd stick to, feeling defeated and self-loathing?
• Triumphantly reached your dieting goals, only to yo-yo back to your original weight, while frantically trying to control your fluctuating waistline?
• Thought, "Will I ever be able to sit down and really enjoy a guilt-free meal with family and friends?"
• Felt frustrated and confused by the hundreds of diet "plans" and "experts" all with their own, often contradictory methods of achieving the perfect body?
• Grown sick of listening to other people tell you how you should eat, exercise and look?
Even if you're at your ideal weight now, how would you like to finally feel absolutely terrific in your own skin? Food: A Love Story addresses not only your health and well-being, but how you can liberate your entire life.
Join Kate on her journey from "I'm not" to "I am" and in just 30 days you too will:
• Trust yourself to make healthy, wholesome decisions about food.
• Indulge without guilt, and overcome cravings.
• Eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full.
• Purge yourself of mealtime baggage.
• Eat and live in a way that leaves you feeling fully satisfied and not aching for more.
“It's time to open our minds and heal our bodies. Maureen Whitehouse helps us do both. Entertaining and enlightening—this powerful guide clearly points the way out of not only the dieting debacle but offers freedom from addictions of all kinds.”
~ Jennie Hunter-Cevera, Executive Vice President,Discovery and Analytical Science, Research Triangle Institute
“Outstanding! This book will fill you with Soul.”
~ Mark Victor Hansen, Author, Chicken Soup for the Soul
“Laid out with originality and clarity, Food: A Love Story, bids you to think about your unquestioned beliefs and assumptions that have quite possibly shaped your dietary beliefs and body image for decades. A must read.”
~ Lisa Hauser, R.N. Healing Arts Professional
Maureen Whitehouse is the award winning author of the best-selling book, Soul-Full Eating: A (Delicious!) Path to Higher Consciousness. In Food: A Love Story she once again artfully combines her knowledge as an expert in nutrition and spirituality to address an appealing and often obsessive topic—the way we eat.