"Dare to be a Centenarian" focuses on two key areas of healthy vibrant living: how to attain healthy youthful longevity and support spiritual quest as one advances to senior years. For healthy youthful longevity, the book focuses on the three key areas of vibrant living: aging management to slow down the aging process, wellness management to live a healthy life, and disease awareness for diseases in senior years and old age. For spiritual quest, the book focuses on societal topics, such as genesis of humanity and race, interfaith religions, the universe and planet earth; and, the meaning of happiness.
Below is the overview of chapters related to aging management, wellness management, disease awareness, and spiritual quest:
• Chapter 1 is related to Aging Management to slow down the aging process, in order to increase the healthy, productive years of life. The human body is made up of trillions of cells. The only way to slow aging is at the cellular level from the aspects of genetics, epigenetics, mitochondria, and cellular health.
• Chapter 2 is related to Wellness Management to live a healthy life. Most of the illness in senior years is due to an imbalanced hormonal system, compromised immune system to fight infections, and unhealthy gut microbiome as a root cause of not feeling well; and, disabilities in senior years, such as erectile dysfunction and arthritis. The Chapter also includes some geriatric nutritional tips.
• Chapter 3 is related to Disease Awareness in senior years, which unlike other diseases, is due to metabolic dysfunction, inflammation, and failure of the DNA-repair mechanisms rather than infection, and is difficult to cure. As one advances to senior years, the focus of health threats changes to diseases, such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and Parkinson's disease; and, how to prevent these diseases with nutritional supplements and lifestyle changes.
• Chapter 4 is related to the Underlying Biomedical Science that supports the above chapters on aging management, wellness management, and disease awareness for the curious reader to get insights at the cellular level.
• Chapter 5 is related to Spiritual Quest that explores societal topics such as ancestry and ethnicity; mainstream religions; genesis of the universe and planet earth; and, what happiness means in today's globally interconnected mobile world for individual pursuit and social engagement in retirement years.
As people are living longer, "Dare to be a Centenarian" will help people from middle-age to old-age navigate a healthy youthful longevity to lead a happy, healthy, and energetic life.