Blessed with Extraordinary is a heartfelt guide to caring for children with Down Syndrome from birth into independent adulthood. Linda Bonner intertwines her personal experiences of raising her son Kevin, beginning with her initial grief to embracing the joy of parenting her extraordinary child, with practical resources, empowering tools, and a lifelong roadmap to help you forge a clear path to a life of opportunities for you and your child.
Linda works with families and caregivers who want to build a fulfilling life for their loved ones with Down Syndrome so that they can experience hope and joy.
Written for every stage of parenting a child with Down Syndrome, you'll learn about
- The importance of self-care, including "50 ways to take a break" and other tips
- Finding support and reaching out for help using your current network
- How a foundation of faith can help with healing and acceptance
- The power of gratitude
- Celebrating the small moments and milestones
- Building and expanding a personal network
- Life Care Planning for your child - financial and legal processes
- Vital Resources for education, personal support, & disability services