THE FULL SPECTRUM OF ALLERGY SOLUTIONS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
From an integrative medicine expert, a reader-friendly guide to alternative and conventional treatments for allergies such as hay fever, asthma, sinus problems, eczema and food allergies. Dr. Elizabeth Smoots presents an integrative approach that can actually help your immune system unlearn allergic reactivity. She stresses the usefulness of dietary change, essential oils, herbal remedies, and dietary supplements along with mind-body therapies and the pros and cons of conventional drugs. Packed full of health tips and resources for additional learning, Allergy Guide explores your options above and beyond medications to help you alleviate your symptoms and feel well again.
With easy-to-understand explanations about alternative and conventional approaches, this book empowers you to make health care decisions that can more effectively relieve your allergies. Allergy Guide provides you with the information you need to:
- Know your options for alternative and complementary remedies for allergies and related conditions
- Be familiar with the top conventional treatments for hay fever, asthma, sinus problems, food allergies and eczema
- Utilize self care steps without leaving home to help alleviate allergy symptoms
- Understand the underlying causes of allergies
- Know what to expect during allergy diagnosis and testing
- Prevent allergies from occurring in the first place or repeatedly coming back
Elizabeth Smoots, MD, received a degree in integrative medicine from Dr. Andrew Weil’s Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, and in conventional medicine from the University of Arizona. She has many years of experience in preventive medicine and primary care. Her book Allergy Guide blends the best ideas from each field to help you find solutions to your allergy problems.
What if someone would sit down with you to explain the alternative and conventional treatment options for your allergic condition and answer your questions? That is what Allergy Guide aims to do. With a copy in your hand (or on your screen), you will be better equipped to care for your condition, or know what questions to ask when you visit your health care provider.