A transformative leader exists within every educator. And each school possesses the capacity for growth and excellence. This book will be your roadmap for actualizing your school's full potential. It is intended to be utilized by leaders in any role within a school – principals, directors, coordinators, chairs, coaches, team leaders and teacher leaders.
The roadmap outlined in this book provides a theoretical foundation and practical steps to guide your institutional improvement work. It will give the reader a clear sense of where their school is currently and what would be required to move up the improvement "pathway" to more actualized roadmap locations. The development of the roadmap represents 20 plus years of research into over 500 schools, countless interviews and conversations with transformative leaders, and involvement within multiple school improvement efforts.
The content of the book includes in-depth chapters related to the following areas:
• Building the school effectiveness roadmap.
• Cultivating the quality of trust at the school.
• Facilitating a school-wide vision.
• Empowering instructional leadership for improved practice.
• Engaging in a process of meaningful strategic planning.
• Examining your school climate with a comprehensive systems framework.
• Using classroom management and discipline to support your school's improvement process.
• Systematically moving your school to the "next level."
• Engaging the transformative leaders personal vision development process.
When we have a meaningful understanding of where we are, can clearly see where we are going, and recognize in practical operational terms what is required to improve, we can engage our growth process with confidence.