The I-Search process differs from traditional research in that it focuses as much on the process as the product of research. I-Search requires the researcher to identify what he or she already knows about the topic, what questions he or she would like answered, what knowledge others hold on the topic, and how that new knowledge has enriched and changed his or her understanding of the topic.
• Relates to all content areas
• Helps students practice 21st century skills and lifelong learning
• Reinforces Common Core State Standards
• Allows struggling students to practice research skills
• Helps students develop critical literacy tools
• Perfect for teams to collaborate on the research process