A Cool Approach to Jazz Theory is the essential jazz education stepping stone that guides teachers and students alike through key concepts that help lay the foundation of a good understanding of jazz theory:
- Transposing melodies
- Deciphering chord symbols
- Building and outlining triads and seventh chords
- Extensions and alterations
- Using scales and chords together
This book is fun and accessible, and can be used in private or group lessons, or on its own as a resource for anyone who wants to build their understanding of how harmony functions in jazz.
A Cool Approach to Jazz Theory is great for:
- Middle school, high school and college students who want to solo in jazz band
- Adults who want to learn more about chord harmony
- Private teachers who need a resource to share with students
- Band directors who want to teach theory but lack time and resources to do so
Learning jazz theory has never been more fun. All examples in this book are in both treble and bass clef making it easy for all instrumentalists to grasp the material. Included at the end of every chapter are exercises with an answer key and other resources in the back.
A Cool Approach to Jazz Theory makes the study of chord harmony fun and enjoyable, and our illustrated character Ollie the Jazz Cat is there to help you along the way!