EROTIC TALES WITH A TWIST… CAN YOU GUESS THE ENDING?
“Oh, hi. No, nobody’s sitting here. Let me get my purse off your stool. I’m Selaina Sage, and I was just telling this old coot of a bartender a story about…”
And so they begin. The Conch Grotto, the last dive bar on Holiday Island, Florida, is the focal point for fifteen interconnected stories about the most human of all human conditions – intimacy – and the trials and troubles and triumphs and tragedy that can (and do) come from it. They run the range from serious to funny, sad, charming, tragic, and highly innovative. Nearly all have unexpected endings, think Twilight Zone merged with a much more intelligent and sophisticated 50 Shades (sans the spankings and sophomoric protagonists). Consider…
• In “It’s Me!” an amateur actor and actress reveal their feelings via improv in character.
• In Fire and Ice, Taylor Ford helps two loving ladies with a romantic pledge ceremony, but one has a secret.
• In Local Customs, a man takes his romantically bored co-worker to lunch at exotic restaurants, one with some carryout finished at his place.
• In Different Women, a married man seeks that which his wife will not do for him; is that cheating?
• In Revisions, a young woman suffers a life-changing accident in a sensual game of truth or dare.
• In Unspoken Thoughts, a man finds his girlfriend’s sister’s photo album from Japan, with sensual snapshots of cultural differences.
• In In the Ladies Room, a man finds the answer to the universal question: why do women go to public restrooms together?
• In Pirate’s Cove, a young man plays miniature golf with three girls who distract him by wearing skirts.
• In Pinkie Promise, a child scarred by her mother grows up and runs into Mom’s former boyfriend.
• In Fish Panties, a female ichthyologist interviews for a job at Karling Gardens, and tries not to follow the leg-crossing advice of a male friend.
• In Futbol is Boring, a millionaire hosts a socialite soccer match party with a unique way of making it more interesting.
• In The Greatest Lie, a rude mother will do whatever it takes to find out if her engaged daughter’s boyfriend from six years back has sullied her reputation.
• In Do the Math, okay… there is one story with a little spanking in it.
• In Bad Teacher, well… you can guess; or can you?
• And finally, in The Girl Who, former Navy Seal Taylor Ford is back when things go awry at a Halloween Party.