In seeking a way to heal from his depression, author Douglas Bloch came to develop a "better mood" recovery program that employs a "holistic," multi-modal approach to lifting one's mood. The result is the e-book,101 Ways to Brighten Your Mood and Heal From Depression, which consists of 101 proven wellness activities that are designed to help the reader to live optimally and to manage his symptoms of depression and/or anxiety.
This book will benefit those readers:
• who have previously experienced one or more episodes of major depression or bipolar disorder and wish to stay well and avoid a relapse.
• who have dysthymia (low-grade chronic depression) and desire to elevate their mood, as well as prevent a major depressive episode.
• who have anxiety that often accompanies depression.
• who are currently experiencing a major depressive episode and wish to use these strategies as an adjunct to medication and/or psychotherapy.
Using the tools in 101 Ways to Brighten Your Mood, the reader will learn to:
• use simple yet effective tools that can improve his or her mood in a matter of minutes
• adopt new beliefs.
• develop new behaviors and habits.
• strengthen his “psychological immune system and learn new ways to respond to stress.
Therefore, by applying these strategies, the reader can change his brain, and thus change his life. The philosophy of the book can best be summarized by Dr. Andrew Weil, a renowned expert on health and wellness.
"To optimize the function of the healing system, you must do everything in your power to improve physical health, mental/emotional health, and spiritual health...
One must see the whole picture of health, and
understand the importance of working on all fronts."
Eight Weeks to Optimal Health